Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yay for getting somewhere.

I had a lesson last night. It started out pretty well. Sasha was soft and almost -gasp- lazy! The nice thing about her is when she gets quiet, she will still go forward if you tell her. She just doesn't immediately leap forward. The arena was busy, so we were working down at one end of the arena. Noodle's owner and I were jumping on a circle, as well. We trotted and cantered the jump, it was probably about 2'3" - wow, huge, but it was tiny circle - and then things went downhill. The jumping of a single jump went well, but everything else didn't. Once an in-and-out was added, it just started not going well. I accidently over-bent Sasha going to the left and didn't support her enough with my outside hand, so her haunches swung out a little. She then was insecure because the midget crossrail was RIGHT THERE! and she freaked out and swung around and backed up and bucked. Yeah....my hands were shoved forward and I was was kicking her lightly but to little avail. She eventually went forward, but after that things didn't go well. When they did go well, she was perfect and soft, but every now and then, she would swing her hindquarters out and would ignore my attempts to correct her.

Arg. >.< It was frustrating, but we worked through it. I will admit, it was mostly my fault for over bending her, but she didn't have to back up and buck even when I was squeezing and doing everything I could to get FORWARD movement!

Today's ride was much better. It was just a hack, but my RI hopped on quickly beforehand. He is working on training her so she is quiet. She was so cuddly today, as an fyi. =P I rode her, and she was so nice and quiet and soft. Progress at last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment