Sunday, February 13, 2011

Three good, three bad, right?

So, I had three good lessons, then three bad. Hopefully that means three [or four or five or infinity?!] good lessons are on their way!


Friday's lesson = not good. Sasha was rushing everything and being a little b i t c h. I ended up getting off half way through and my riding instructor whopped her butt [not literally] and got right up in her face for rushing and pulling around. He backed her up a few times, and gosh, she was pissy about it! She would FLY backward with her ears pinned and head up! I thought she would trip or fall backward!


I got back on. Sasha still was a little annoyed and showing it, but we ended up jumping 2'9"ish in an in and out off a diagonal, and I'm still alive to tell the tale. =] That has to account for something, right?!


Today's lesson....was very iffy. She was pretty obnoxious, not as bad as Friday, but still pushy over fences. My life didn't feel like it was in mortal peril this time, so that's good ha ha. There were a lot of horses cantering around and jumping and stuff, which was making her tense, which didn't help keep me calm either. =[


Oh, and I learned I can't go to St. Clement's this year. Financial stuff. Waah. =[ But I'll still be going to Northampton Hunter/Jumper Show in MA in August. Only problem is, that means I'm missing the big charity horse show. No way that I'm bringing Sasha for 3 days to MA then haul her butt back up here and show her the day after in another fairly stressful show. I'll probably give her a good two days off with hosing down and handwalking after Northampton. She's never shown at that level or for that long. She did HITS Saugerties, but that isn't a three and a half hour haul.


ALSO! My barn is going to host Outreach Medals, which are state-wide medal classes that are 2'/2'3"-3'3". I'll be doing "Silver" level - 2'6". Hey, I can pretend to do the bigeq without actually jumping 3'6" and spending $1000+ per weekend, right?


...no? Whatever, it's one step closer to my goal of doing that. If I even just trot into that Oncourse/Maclay ring one day, I may faint from pure joy!


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! That means carrot crunchies/"Sasha's Treat!" and maybe a long hug for Ms. Sasha!


<3 you all my stalkers.!


-Cruce

No comments:

Post a Comment