Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fake it till you feel it

That's my new motto. Sounds cheesy, but it works. When I ride, I think of this motto. Basically, I think to myself "Alright. I'm riding a completely obedient, well trained quiet horse that listens to my half halts. You can handle anything she throws at you, but she won't because Sasha's amazingly obedient." It isn't true; it's far from true. Yet, it works. I was riding Sasha yesterday and it was fairly busy. Sasha was a little quick at first, and I felt like I wasn't riding to the best of my ability [which isn't much, but meh.] I started thinking this, and wonder upon wonder! Sasha stretched down, accepted the bit, let out a snort, relaxed, and softened. I was amazed! Sure, she wasn't "push-button," but it was amazing the difference!

I think I'll go riding tonight. I can't ide for long/it's really cold, but I think I'll be adventuress and try some bareback riding. Hopefully I won't die. It will probably only be walking ATM because I don't think she's ever been ridden bareback. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment