Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nothing like easing into the show year. =]

I rode today. I lunged Sasha quickly for about 10 minutes, then hopped on. She was pretty good, a little bratty at times. She tried to take off at the canter one way and was resistant to bending at the canter the other, but pretty good nonetheless. We worked on cavalettis, and she was PERFECT!

I've decided that my horse is accident prone. She somehow gave herself a small cut on her right hock. -eye roll- Of course she did. Sasha's an idiot. =P I think that she cut herself on some ice. There's a lot of ice, and she can be silly sometimes. Oh, and most of the gates have little ice droplets on them.

In other news: I looked at the show schedule again. There's a show at Skidmore College on February 27, but Sasha and I haven't even STARTED thinking about courses! I had a dream last night [really weird] that was a mix of Black Swan [I was watching trailers + clips yesterday], and then being told to go ride in French class. Hmm. There was this huge wide jump that was a mixture of poles and...pillows? that we had to jump, but I misjudged how big it was and Sasha and I fell but it was okay because it was pillows. She didn't hurt me. We were doing courses, though, and she was really good. Let's hope that mirrors reality. I cantered a 2'6" oxer with her when trying her out and she seemed better cantering jumps then trotting. =]

Anyways, back on topic. The next shows are March 20 then March 27. I WAS planning to go to the March 27 show - then I found out that I was away that week. =[ Next show?

May 3-8, then May 11-15.

Guess what big show in capital area NY it is. Just guess.


Yep, that's St. Clement's. I've never been before, and I haven't done such large "A" shows before. It's always been the slightly quieter "A" shows or local shows. So, I'll be riding a horse I've never shown at a place I've never been at a level I've never shown at. [Wow, that was appalling grammar.] But hey! It will be fun! Right?! AND I get to miss school! Whoot! Whoot!

<3 Cruce

No comments:

Post a Comment