Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ho-Hum, Normal Week.

Not much happening this week.  I rode last night. It was a pretty decent ride! Well, there was problems getting on. =/ Sash occasionally swings away from the mounting block. Well, my RI was there, so he held Sasha. She sometimes backs up REALLY fast a few steps and then is fine. However, she kept doing this last night. Repeatedly. At one point, it looked like she was over it, so I put my foot in the stirrup and put my weight in it. Well, Sasha decided to FLY back ATM! I was hanging from the saddle going "oh s***!" I ended up slipping my foot out from the stirrup and dropping down. I think she is wary of my RI sometimes because he smokes [not around the horses] and so he smells like smoke sometimes. I know, I know, it's really bad, but it's his decision.

After that, Sasha was good. Nice and soft. I was letting her stretch down and out to get her to relax. I think she was trying to take advantage of this because she would stretch down, I'd loosen the reins and lower my hands, and then she would quicken. The one only not so great part of my ride was when I tried to canter the second direction. No matter what way, the second way she is always a little "up." I softened the reins and squeezed her forward lightly, and she eagerly sprung up in the air and did these weird giant, high canter strides lol. Other than that and a few quick moments, I think we are making progress. Sasha was soft, round, and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment