Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grrr.....Nature.

Sasha's in heat. That has...um....fun results.

Let's just say yesterday's lesson consisted of cross-rails. Just cross-rails. She decided it was HILARIOUS to prance sideways around the turn then ignore my hand and charge around after the jump shaking her head. No, she is not in pain. It was -sooooo- fun. Sarcasm intended. My RI was just like "....Let's not fight her hormones and just do cross-rails."

I was GOING to ride today, but stupid bipolar New York weather didn't let me. The day started out mid-20s, and Sash had her heavy weight on, and she was a decent heat. Well. I had a friend who's into horses hang around the barn with me today. I decided to ride later with my mom so she wasn't bored.

Well. Half way through the day, the snow turns to rain and it's now mid 30s. I get to the barn, Sasha is soaked. Yay. I pull her blanket off, and steam comes off her. Sasha is now sticky, wet, steaming, and cold somehow at the same time. I don't want a colicky horse, so I throw her fake Baker as well as her real Baker sheet on her and I lead her around.

TWO HOURS LATER she only is a little chilled, so I put her midweight on. Ugh. It took TWO HOURS to get her dry. TWO HOURS of walking. >.< I hoped I walked her energy out. =P

Not a fun evening. Then, my brother drags the family to Outback Steak house, which isn't vegetarian friendly. I had a small plate of French fries for dinner. So filling.

Should have fun stories after my lesson tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment