Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weeeee! =D

I am having creativity issues tonight.

Anyways, I went to the barn tonight [duh!] I bought classy black polos for Sash for her back legs...leather open fronts on front, black polos on the back. It looks really cool lol! My mom had a lesson with her adorable Appy, and I just rode. My instructor let me do the course when my mom was having a break. He went "Go ahead and jump. I'm not going to really coach you, I'll just tell you everything you do wrong at the end."

-.-

Sasha was pretty good. My current "bad habit" [I always have one for a few months, then it usually switches to the opposite habit until I get a new issue haha just kidding....kinda] is I steady her with my hand to the jump a little too much, but then I don't support her with my leg enough and she stops. It sucks, I really need to work on that more.

Anyways, I did a little cavaletti to a crossrail, to a diagonal plank and pole jump, then to an in-and-out. She was pretty good, a little strong during her lead changes and through the in and out the first time or two, but she settled. Considering I wasn't really being instructed, I think we did fairly well.

Our next show is in two weeks on the first. I'll trailer in the day before so I can school over all the jumps. It's my old barn, it's possibly going to be awkward with my old instructor. It was awkward with the owner of the horse I used to lease when she showed up at the show with my friend. I was just like "....So....how's Midknight?" Tis barn also has very colorful jumps and a giant butterfly jump and a rolltop. Joyjoyjoy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment