Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guess who was fantastic on Sunday?

SASHA!

I got to the show, and the outdoor was flooded, which made me very glad I was only doing the 2'. I did the Pre-Special Hunters and Pre-Children's Eq. I'm now doing those divisions without the "Pre". Only two others barns and a few individuals showed up, and nearly all the divisions didn't fill. >.< There was a show the day before, so we're assuming the weather/that show caused the emptiness. 

So anyways, I get on Sasha to just warm her up a little in the indoor. She was perfectly quiet, lazy, etc. A lot of people from her old barn were at the show, and they were petting and cuddling with her. Her old neighbor pricked his ears up at her and kept watching her. It was so cute! <3

Anyways, Sasha was stopping quite a bit during the schooling, so I really had to ride her up to all the jumps.

Later, I "officially" schooled her. I went in for my first eq round, and It was all going very well, but then I didn't send her enough out of a corner when she was getting strung out during a lead change, so she stopped. Besides that, it was a very nice round if I may say so. I did not pin in that class [there were seven people in my division.] I was satisfied with that round. Then, in my second round, she got fairly quick and started ignoring my hand, so I really had to get after her. We got fifth in that round. In my eq flat, we were having a very nice round, but then this little pony charged and then kicked out at her, so she freaked out and swapped her lead. I had to pull her back to the trot and ask for the canter again. Oh well, we still got third. ^^

In my hunter rounds, the first one I did the wrong course, but it was also a very good round D=. Then, our second round was AWESOME! Sasha crosscantered a corner and missed a distance, so we got second. I was very proud of her! We won our flat class, and overall got reserve champion. Not bad considering one round went off-course! =]

I need to head down to the local tack store now...Have to get her Vitamin E+Selenium supplement that is for her back. She had the slightest sore back when we got her, and apparently it's a muscle disorder from lack of those vitamins. Her back is better now, but yeah. She still needs them.

Bye! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment