Saturday, April 16, 2011

Showing Debut!

Tomorrow, Sash and I are showing! We have had a rough and busy two-three weeks, which included a mare in heat, one rear, stress, Chiara being lost and then found, more stress, doing a 4-5 stride line in 3, doing a 3 stride in 4, and everything in between.

Yep, story of my life. >.<

Sasha was really strong and energetic the last two weeks, no matter how much exercise she got. I'm pretty sure she was in heat. I was going to do the show tomorrow, then I wasn't, and now, it's go time. We had a HORRIBLE set of lessons last weekend. The Friday lesson was okay, but Sasha was pretty strong, and we missed our ditances a lot. I figured Saturday would be better. Nope, couldn't even trot up to the line without her TEARING up it. I rode all week, and none of the rides were particularly soft or stellar like she has been going. After this week, I wasn't sure about the show.

Anyways, so I rode yesterday and did fairly well. Sasha was soft, quiet, more or less where we could have her be to show/"okay". She kept missing her change after one jump, and then was scrambling and rushing to get her back end.

Today, it was PERFECT! The only thing we could want more are sharper changes. She's been sloppy with her back end again. But Sasha was quiet, soft, quiet! My riding instructor told me "canter into this line in three strides, but close your leg a hair to get the distance, otherwise you'll get three and a half." Guess what? The whole lesson, we got four strides cantering in to that line. She never rushed any jump, didn't rush after, nothing! We got there! A few months ago, I was worried about cantering her on my own. Now, we're lazily doing courses!

I also started taking her on the trails. She was a little hesitant and worried at first, but she got through it.

I am so tired. I have been up since 6am, rode at 9am, and cleaned tack, stalls, buckets, the pony, anything and everything. I need to get my show stuff together and clean my boots....ugh, too much work!! 

So a full show report with videos and pictures should be expected tomorrow night. It's a home show [now people that know my area can stalk me lol]. I'm only doing the 2' eq this show because that way it is in the indoor arena, at a height she can trot if all else fails, and then I'll move up to the 2'6" eq next show.

Should be fun! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment