Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shows = eh, not so much...=P

I helped out at a show last Sunday. Let's just say, it didn't go down too well. One person showed an EPSM Hano at the show in the 2' baby hunters and did pretty well considering the horse was only just recently started O/F and doesn't have solid lead changes. She didn't place, but he stayed calm and that was their main goal. He got a second on the flat though, yay! =D 


Noodle was a little difficult haha. He schooled fine, and so he was brought into the 2'6". He wouldn't go away from the horses - he sometimes get separation issues, and he ran around a lot of jumps. They entered him in the 2' after, same results. =/ Anyways, there was another girl who has a very stubborn pony, and he was stubborn too. They are probably getting her a new pony because she is having problems with him - he's too green. Ah well.


I'm showing on April 17 at my barn. I'm a mixture of really really excited and nervous. I'm only going to show in the 2' stuff for that first show because, if all else goes wrong, she can trot over it haha. Plus, the 2' is in the indoor, so she has no where to go if something happens. I'm also hoping to do the Open Pleasures. I can walk, trot, and canter Sasha with no contact and a long, loopy rein. I can two-point my canter, and basically place my hands on her withers and she just lopes around haha.! =D 


I rode in the outdoor the other day. It went alright, considering I have only ridden her inside. I rode her in the indoor for 25-30min walk, trot, canter. She was a little nervous and fidgety outside, so I only walk/trotted. I think some of her "fidgety"ness was because she needed to pee haha...I brought her back to her stall and yeahhh...=P


So, overall, life has been good!

No comments:

Post a Comment