Sunday, March 6, 2011

Please don't hurt me.

I know! I haven't blogged for about a week. I was busy!

Anyways. RECAP:

Last Sunday's lesson went well. I did a single vertical. I ended up trotting three foot. Um...it was interesting. It all went well, except at one point I over-slowed Sasha and then realized it, then tried to go forward at the last moment. We got a weird distance, and she stepped on the ground pole. She stopped because she was rolling around, but she was nice and quiet after the jump! Yay!

I was away for most of last week, so nothing exciting really happened. My riding instructor rode Sasha twice, so she would not magically "forget" everything lol.

Sasha was LAZY yesterday! She broke about three times at the canter [I rode for a long time yesterday]. She was really good, and I tried my two point for a few minutes at the canter. She was perfect!

I had a lesson today. I just did a little in and out. Sasha was really good. She kept getting a little quick in the middle of the two jumps, and she was thinking about doing things after the jump, but I just needed to "set her on her butt" and then soften. We are finally getting somewhere! Now, all we need to do is get around a 2'6" course like that. I do not care if I have to do a strong half-halt after the jumps. Hell, if I did not have to set her on her butt every now and then or send her forward, that would not be riding. I just want to do away with the excessive circling and halting. I really did not need to circle today. I did it just to make sure we were not going to have an issue.

Yay for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment