Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brrr...it's cold out! / Award Ceremony

Alright, hey everyone! I'm Cruce. I live in upstate New York, but that is all the information you are getting. Anyway, enough with the introductions. =P

So, currently it is -checks desktop widget- a whopping 11oF outside! Brrr. Too cold to ride. A fancy-schmancy barn in the area was planning on having a show today, but they cancelled it because of weather. I was not planning on going anyway [Sasha and I are no where NEAR ready!], but meh. So yeah. It is literally freezing out. >.< On a side note: anyone know any decent quality quarter sheets that go under the saddle that are less than $50? I really want a Newmarket sheet, but they are pretty expensive. =[ I will just stalk eBay instead maybe possibly....


Last night was the end-of award ceremony/banquet/party thing. It was pretty fun, except I made the bad decision to wear a strapless dress. It was super cute, but I spent half the night holding it up because I was dancing like crazy!


I was really annoyed because they only went up to 6th place with the ribbons. =[ I was in 8th out of 20-something. Usually they go up to 10th place at the end of year awards. Sigh. It was fun either way.


The raffle had a few amazing items I wanted. They were a portable DVD player, a pink ribbon trimmed saddle pad [my mom really wanted it for her pony, so I dropped a ticket in there], an Ariat grooming tote, a bathing kit [for the horse], a First-Aid kit [I get hysterical about Sasha's legs and health!], a leg care set with liniment, supplements, etc., and a hoof care set. You know what I got? The thing I thought was a full sleazie/jammie sheet but was actually just a navy shoulder guard...which Sasha has haha. Oops. Well, her other one is gross and dirty. I just hope this fits her - it is XL!


On a more somber note, I found out one of my horse show friends had to put her horse down. =[ They found him out in the field with a broken hock, and since he was fit, in his prime, etc., they euthanized him. RIP Sly Prince.


Ciao! <3

3 comments:

  1. POSTED BY: Nutmeggers
    Awww I know. It's so sad about Sly. It's great she is showing in the 3' with Max though. She is amazing. Cruce you are awesome no matter what! At this point in time, my new pony (Well, she is actually a crazy chesnut 16.2-3 hh thoroughbred mare that gave birth recently)well, not too recently, but within a couple years, is still a handful, and especially enjoys bucking me off and making a scene! :) hard to get used to compared to my old pony. She was 15.1 probably, but in my book a pony. She was so mellow, but yet very opinionated and sometimes fresh. Her favorite hobbies are getting fat and rolling when nobody's watching. Um ya! She got me through the 2' eq tho. Not quite alive, but still. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you typed that post. You are still alive. =P

    Pore Emily though. She seemed really happy about Max, but upset for Sly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, wow, I have skills.
    *Poor

    ReplyDelete