Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Show News! And awesome lesson!

I promised I'd be a better updater!

Anyways. So Saturday comes around, and we're shipping Sasha and a friend's horse to the show. My instructor was supposed to be at the barn anyways, and he was going to make sure the horses got on without a fuss.

After a while of waiting, we call him. Turns out, the car he's had for two days broke down. Yeah. So he was carless. He is currently using my dad's car haha. So, we decide to load without him. I get Sasha on the trailer without a fuss, she just walks right in. The second horse, Music, would not go in second, as we later discovered. So we unload Sash, open up the partition, and eventually get Music on. We then try to put Sasha on, who also doesn't want to go in second. The whole thing took about 30, 40 minutes. -.- Oh well. We get the show grounds, and I have a lesson. That was, um, interesting. Normally Sasha doesn't care about new places, but she went berserk. She was spooking, fresh, backing up for no reason, flipping her head up in the air, and not listening AT ALL. My trainer ended up getting on her for a little bit she was so obnoxious. I was considering not showing at that point.

I do all my show prep anyways because we figured she might settle down by the next day. What do you know, she's perfectly quiet in the schooling ring. I had trainers that saw her Saturday ask if I drugged her. No, actually, I didn't thanks for asking. I got four thirds, a fourth, a first, and $10 from my stakes class. She was really strong one round, and started flipping her head up really badly and getting fresh, so her martingale got shortened a few holes. I'm quite happy, actually. I almost wonder if she was in heat because she was slightly obnoxious for a few days before the show. She wasn't awful, but she felt a little off from her normal way of going.

Right, so she got Monday off, and then I had a lesson today. It was awesome. I rode with Chiara and Noodle and one of my barn friends who just bought a super cute OTTB a week ago. She's a little green and has little jumping experience, but she's an awesome mover and can JUMP. Right, so the lesson started with some flatwork, then cavalettis. After going through those, a little crossrail was added at the end. Then, and in and out, then a triple, then a four jump gymnastic. Eventually, Chiara and I were just riding, and the girl with the OTTB stopped so that we could jump higher. It was so fun. The first jump was just a regular, meh crossrail, to a slightly bigger crossrail, to a 2'9"/3' vertical, to a massive crossrail. By massive, I mean the cups were set on the top holes on 6' standards. Biggest crossrail I've ever done haha.

She was really good, and she stop once and ran around once, but both were my fault. =[ But it was a pretty long, fun lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment